No matter how many years of homeschooling we have under our belt we all wonder, am I doing enough in my homeschool?
Guys!! This is the LAST episode of season 3. I cannot believe we are wrapping up another podcast season, and that we are close to wrapping up our homeschool year. CRAZINESS!!
Before we get on with today’s episode there are a few things I want to mention.
- We are in homeschool convention season! I will ONLY be speaking at the Southeast Homeschool Expo in Atlanta GA in July. I would love to see you there.
- I will be visiting the GHC in Cincinnati Ohio with my girls. So, if you are planning on going there and see me be sure to stop and say HI!
- I have a convention episode from season 1 that you all may want to listen to while you are gearing up for convention season. It is episode #6. I also have a blog post all about conventions that I will leave in the show notes.
- And lastly, be sure to say thank you to this seasons podcast sponsors. Write Shop and Notgrass. Podcasting is expensive, and while I love it, it is also nice to have the costs and time covered. Sponsors help do that AND help keep the Joyfully Homeschooling podcast on the air. So, say thank you by checking out both companies via the link in the show notes.
Now, on to this episode! In this episode, we are going to talk about how to enjoy homeschooling instead of worrying about whether or not we are doing enough in our homeschool.
Too often times we worry about being too relaxed in our homeschool. We worry about “keeping up” or letting the kids “fall behind” and in doing so we don’t actually stop and enjoy our kids.
We also chat about how to recognize if you ARE doing enough in your homeschool. Here are a few snippets of what is covered in the full episode.
HOW MUCH HOMESCHOOLING IS ENOUGH?
Moms, let me tell you that whatever you are doing, chances are, it is. But, if you don’t believe me, ask yourself the following three things.
- Have you met the homeschool hour requirements?
- Have they Advanced?
- How are they doing in their homeschool programs?
The bottom line of this episode? Chances are YOU are enough. YOU are doing enough and YOUR children are learning EXACTLY what they need to know.
I talk about this topic more in episode 44 AND we talk about this in detail in episode 38 with Charlene Notgrass. Instagram
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. It will also give you a chance to have your review read online and win a gift from me 🙂 Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast season sponsor Notgrass History
- Podcast Season sponsor Write Shop
- The blog post that corresponds with this episode
- Episode 43 with Charlene Notgrass
- Episode 44 My Biggest Homeschool Regret
- Episode 38 Kicking the Comparison Trap to the Curb