Have you ever just felt like you needed to chat with a good friend? Maybe a mom who was a step ahead of you in homeschooling?
Then you’ve come to right place!
Homeschooling is an amazing opportunity to bond and connect with your child. But, it can also make you want to pull your hair out or take a nice long vacation. Alone.
Homeschooling can be stressful, overwhelming, and confusing.
In those stressful seasons, you may feel like you need to talk it out with someone who has been on this journey before and is still trucking through. I have been homeschooling since 2009, and my oldest will be graduating after homeschooling all the way through in 2023.
I have homeschooled from the preschool years, teaching my kids how to read, labs, math, college acceptance letters, college visits, homeschool transcripts, ACT test-taking, and everything in between.
Through my years of homeschooling, I have mentored a number of moms in our local community. I have helped them get started working from home, showed them how to plunge headfirst into this whole homeschooling thing, and talked a few overwhelmed moms off the ledge.
And, I’d love to help YOU too!
Why Are You Offering Homeschool Consultation Services?
As a homeschool family, I know what you are going through. Talking to someone who is just a step ahead of you can help you put your struggles and concerns at rest. Helping homeschooling families on their homeschool journey is a ministry to me. I love encouraging moms to homeschool with joy. I love helping moms find a way to bring in a second income for their families. Establishing a routine in my homeschool and knowing I can take that expertise and help others is something that makes me happy, and brings me joy. I truly feel this blog and encouraging homeschool moms is my ministry. And I love it, and each one of you.
But, wait a minute, if I love helping homeschoolers, why do I charge a fee?
To thoroughly consult with homeschool moms on a one-on basis takes quite a bit of time. Because, my time is valuable, I do charge a small fee for my consultation services. Homeschool consultation is a one-on-one service that will take additional time. I receive comments and emails from many parents asking me for specific directions or answers about their homeschooling issues. My heart yearns to answer each of these questions in depth, but I simply can’t. Like many moms, I work from home in order to provide for my family. Offering one on one homeschool consultation services allows me to answer those questions and concerns from individual moms while also blessing my family with a secondary income.
Who is Homeschool Consultation for?
Homeschool consulting is just what you need if:
- You are just starting your homeschool journey.
- You have lost your joy due to too many hard days of homeschooling.
- Your days never run smoothly, and you struggle with establishing a solid homeschool routine.
- You want to learn how to work from home, but you’re not sure you have the time to make it work as a homeschool mom.
- You have skills that you know would allow you to work from home, but you don’t know where to start.
- You are a work at home mom struggling with time management.
- You’re brand new to homeschooling and are totally lost as to how to begin.
- You are staring your homeschooling high school journey and are lost as to how to get started.
- The homeschool catalogs are giving you nightmares because you just know you are going to pick the WRONG one.
- The yellow bus is looking brighter and brighter each day.
Bottom line? Any mom can benefit from homeschool consultation. If we’re honest we ALL have struggles and concerns when it comes to our homeschool journey, and we NEED a friend to talk us through those concerns and off the ledge. But, sometimes those friends haven’t been where we are, or they don’t understand homeschooling. Sometimes, we just need an extra set of ears and a helping brain to help us work through a particular struggle. And then there are those times when we just need someone who will be totally honest with us and tell us those things we don’t want to hear, but we NEED to acknowledge. THAT is where homeschool consultation comes into play.
What Does Homeschool Consultation Include?
Great question! I want you to know in advance exactly what you will receive. Homeschool consultation with me includes
- A Google form that will be delivered immediately upon checkout. This form will help me know exactly what you want to receive from consultation services and will help me plan our phone call. Within 72 hours after the form is completed, I will contact you to schedule your homeschool consultation.
- A one-hour phone call where we will chat about your needs, possible solutions, and more.
I want to make sure you succeed in the areas where you are struggling. I believe in homeschooling, and want to encourage moms to stay the course, and be good stewards for their families. I promise you that at the end of your consultation you will be better equipped to homeschool effectively and will be on your way to a more joyful homeschool.
What Does Homeschool Consultation NOT Include?
- Counseling. I am not a mental health professional.
- Special Education services. Even though I am homeschooling children with special needs I can not diagnose learning problems, ADHD, or Dyspraxia.
- Legal or state-specific advice (unless you are in Ohio) I am not an expert in homeschool law so I can not provide information on homeschool laws in your particular state.
To get started with homeschool consultation send me an email mistyswriting @ gmail dot com
Rate: $50 for a one hour call
If you want more specific advice about what I offer from homeschool consultation keep scrolling.
What Others Are Saying About My Homeschool Consultation Services
Misty is an amazing resource! She got me started working from home; and when the ledge looks tempting, she’s still the one I contact ~Linda
I so appreciate Misty’s wisdom. She has prayed with me, and has always had an answer for my homeschool questions~Leslie
Planning Your Homeschool Day
Thinking about homeschooling but not sure where to start? Let’s chat!
I love helping new homeschoolers! Starting to homeschool can be overwhelming and nerve-wracking. When you are just starting out, you have tons of questions and don’t know where to turn.
I remember the first time the Lord laid homeschooling on my heart. I had no clue where to begin or what to do. All I know is that I had this longing and needed to fulfill it. The truth was I had no clue how to homeschool. I had no clue what I was getting myself into and I had no clue what a journey homeschooling would take me on.
You know what helped me the most? A seasoned homeschool mom who came alongside me and encouraged me. She listened to me, and helped me realize I can do that homeschooling thing!
That is who I want to be for you.
I Just Need Help!
Maybe your struggle isn’t listed here. You may just want to chat homeschool curriculum, fears, or how to get your joy back. You just want a friend to listen and bounce ideas off of. I’m here! I would love to chat with you about any of the following topics. I limit what I can help with because I know there are seasons of homeschooling that I’ve not dealt with. I want to make sure I am able to help you with your struggles, and not waste your time or money.
- Finding more joy in your homeschool day
- Conquering the fear of homeschooling
- Starting a homeschool group
- Homeschooling high school
- Choosing a curriculum
- Navigating multiple ages while homeschooling
- Dealing with fidgety and distracted kids
So, are you ready to chat with me? Email me mistys writing at gmail dot com to get started with your homeschool consultation session.
Rate: $50 for a one hour call