Meditating on scripture, or praying for a specific need in our home is very important. Here are some prayers and scriptures for motherhood that I use, and you can too!
Many times through motherhood I have doubted my abilities. This especially happens on days when I am weighed down by to-do lists a mile long. Questions from friends and family members who disagree with our lifestyle don’t help, and children whose behavior leaves much to be desired can often time push us over the edge.
Despite all this, I still am a firm believer that motherhood is worth it. I believe that God molds us and shapes us throughout the years we are caring for our children. The joys of seeing the day to day antics of our children are priceless. We must make the decision to keep on keeping on despite the bad days.
One thing that helps me when I am having an ugly day is meditating on scripture, or praying for a specific need in our home. Here are some prayers and scriptures for motherhood that I use, and you can too!
When You Need Encouragement
- Lord, I thank you for the children you have given me. I thank you for the privilege of homeschooling them and for allowing me to be their mother. But Lord, I’m tired. I’m worn down. Please give me the strength to get through this day. I remind myself of the promise you have made me that if I cast my burdens on you, you will give me strength. I also hold fast to the promise in Psalm 30:5 that JOY will come in the morning. Thank you, Lord, for Your grace and mercy. Amen.
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you ~1 Peter 5:7
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.~Psalm 30:5
When You Doubt Your Abilities
- Lord, I thank you for my children. I thank you for allowing me to be their mother. But Lord, I feel like a failure. Please, guide my hand as I go along on this journey. Give me spiritual wisdom and understanding. Help me to know what the right decisions are for our family. Thank You Lord for your grace and mercy, Amen.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
When You Are Questioned For Homeschooling
- Lord, the world is coming at me in all directions. Causing me to doubt your plan for our homeschool. Help me to deal with these naysayers in a calm manner Lord. Help me to not react in anger or cause more strife. Give me patience and strength and help me to honor you in all I do. Thank you, Lord, for your grace and mercy, Amen.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. ~Isaiah 54:13
When Your Children Misbehave
- Lord, I am determined to train up my children in the way they should go as your word says in Proverbs 22:6. Lord, help me to teach your word to my children. Help me to model your way in all I do. Help me to guide and direct their paths, and to point them towards you along the way. Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of children to train, help me to do it right. I thank you for your grace and mercy, Amen.
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. ~Deuteronomy 6:6-7
When You Lose Your Cool
- Lord, I lost my temper today. I failed you, and I failed my children. Lord, help me to get a better handle on my emotions. I don’t want my children to remember an angry mommy, but a joyful mommy that corrects them in love, that shows them forgiveness and mercy. Help me with this training, and guide me in the right way to discipline my children. I thank you for continuing to work in my heart. Thank you for your grace and mercy, Amen.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me ~Psalm 51:10
Moms, we will fail while we are on this journey. It is up to us, to step up, admit those failures and to turn away from them. Sometimes I have to pray over all these areas in one day. Sometimes it is just one, but I can assure you I fail Him, every day. I need encouragement and guidance, and you do too! I hope that these prayers and scriptures for motherhood can help you. I hope that they can encourage you, and help you feel that you are not alone!