Today I am introducing my homeschool mentor, Ms. Jamie Brown. We are chatting about her homeschool joys, struggles and so much more.
Today’s episode is tear-jerking for me a little bit. I FINALLY got to sit down with my real-life homeschool mentor, Ms. Jamie Brown. If you are a regular listener of this podcast then you have heard of Jamie before. She is the number one reason, (next to the Lord) why I am homeschooling. I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt that I would NOT be here, where I am today, without God placing her in my life.
- SHE is the person I go to when I need prayer for my children.
- SHE is the person I called when I have had a broken-hearted teenager and had no idea how to comfort or support her.
- SHE is the person I called when I was ready to put the kids on the yellow school bus.
SHE is the person who encouraged me to start my blog and this online ministry.
- SHE is the reason why I wanted to start the blog because I know without people like her in my life I could not have done this journey on my own.
- SHE is the person who encouraged me to keep going with homeschooling Daniel when the world and the school and even my parents told me he would be better off in school.
- SHE is the person I first want to share homeschool joys with *after my husband, of course,* because I know she is cheering me on from the sidelines.
And SHE is battling cancer as we speak and needs all of the prayers and support from each and every one of you out there right now. Please. Add her to your prayer lists, your church prayer chains, get anyone you know that loves the Lord to pray for her. Because she is battling, and I cannot imagine a life without her in it, and I know she covets the prayers of Godly people.
So, guys here we go. We are diving in for an episode with my personal homeschool mentor, Jamie Brown.