Studying astronomy this school year? Check out these amazing resources for an astronomy study! They go along great with Apologia Astronomy or another astronomy program.
I am SO excited to be exploring astronomy as part of our Science study for the 2017-2018 school year. I will admit since my middle is an animal lover we have been kind of lax in the general science department. Astronomy is a whole new world for us, and I am super excited to be exploring it with Apologia!
Explore the farthest reaches of God’s creation with this new and revised edition of our award-winning astronomy course. With many hands-on activities to help young scientists retain what they learn, our science curriculum uses Charlotte Mason methodology to introduce elementary-level students to the wonders of our solar system, the stars, and beyond. Our tour of the universe begins with our sun, the planets, the asteroid belt, dwarf planets, and the Kuiper belt. Then we set off across the stars to explore galaxies, nebulae, and even black holes as they reveal the marvel and might of our loving Creator.
Apologia Astronomy is a full program that doesn’t REQUIRE any add-ons. However, I have already begun looking into other resources and ideas to enhance our learning of Astronomy. These are great additions to the Apologia Astronomy study.
Copyright : Inspirestock International/123rf.com
- Little Children’s Space Activity Book
- Astronauts Sticker Book
- Build Your Own Space Ship Sticker Book
- Astronomy Internet Linked
- The Usborne Book of Astronomy and Space
- The Story of Astronomy and Space
- Discover Astronomy
- Astronomy and Space Reference Book
- Astronaut Academy
- I Want to Be an Astronaut
- The Sun Moon and Stars
- Shine a Light on the Space Station
- Living in Space
- Local Planetarium
- City Science Museum
- Air and Space Museum
- A local Astronomy Club
- NASA headquarters (if you have one local)
Movies and Documentaries
- Interactive Educational Movies on Space from Kids Know It
- Cosmic Voyage: IMAX (Netflix)
- For All Mankind (Netflix)
- Hubble: Imax (Netflix)
- Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking
- Journey to the Edge of the Universe: National Geographic (Netflix)
- Space Buddies
- Race to the Moon: American Experience: PBS (Netflix)
- Roving Mars: Disney (Netflix))
- Sputnik Mania: History Channel (Netflix)
- The Dream is Alive: IMAX (Netflix)
- The Planets
- The Universe: The Complete Series (Netflix)
- Muppets from Space
- APOLLO 13
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Nasa offers free photo and video downloads
- A stargazing app for your tablet or phone
- What astronomical events are going on this school year? Catch them in your own backyard or take a road trip! Here is a list of 2017 and 2018s astronomical events.
- A kid’s telescope
- Great Explorations 3-D Solar System
- In My Room Star Theater Tabletop Planetarium Light Projector
- Teach My Preschooler the Solar System
Also, be sure to check out the Apologia Astronomy KIT! It is an amazing resource that will make your study of Apologia Astronomy even better!
Do you plan on using Apologia Astronomy next year? Let me know I’m not alone below! If you’ve used it before, what if anything did you add to it? I’d love to learn from your experience!
- Homeschooling Multiple Ages with Apologia
- Apologia is Homeschool Science for the Animal Lover
- All About Apologia Science
- 5 Must Have Resources for Apologia Land Animals