Self-care is so important as a homeschool mom. I am chatting this topic, homeschool joys, struggles, fears and more with Kim Santee on the podcast.
In this episode, I am excited to share with you an episode with my friend Kim Santee.
Kim is a teacher, homeschooler, wife, and mother who is trying to make it all work. She has a passion for science education, homeschooling, and supporting moms. When she isn’t working or homeschooling, you can usually find her in the water with her kids or relaxing with a cup of coffee.
Kim and I talk about self-care. She says self-care for her is “creating a life I don’t need to escape from” and guys that speaks volumes. What kind of life are you creating? I have had the life that I needed to escape from and it is not fun. We can do better. And it starts by creating time for YOU. No matter how small or mundane it may seem. You know what your body needs, and you can’t pour from an empty cup. We also chat about homeschool regrets, joys and so much more. Don’t miss it!
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast Sponsor Biglifejournal.com (use code JOYFUL15 for 15% off your order)
- Books by author Susan Meissner
- Why Motherhood Matters by September McCarthy (podcast episode with September)
- Kim’s website Learning By Hypothesis
- Kim’s podcast-Suddenly Seeking Homeschooling
- Follow Kim on Instagram
- Follow Kim on Facebook
- Follow Misty on Instagram
- Follow Misty on Facebook
- Subscribe for weekly encouragement emails