In this episode of the Joyfully Homeschooling community, we chat legalism and homeschooling. What does legalism look like in the homeschool community? And how can we fight back?
In this episode, I am welcoming back Kendra Fletcher, the mother of 8, speaker, author, and podcaster. She is the author of Lost and Found: Losing Religion, Finding Grace, and Leaving Legalism, and she regularly writes for Key Life Ministries. The Fletchers reside in California, where they play in the Pacific Ocean as often as possible.
For the second part of our discussion, I chat with Kendra about legalism and homeschooling.
Here are a few questions we discuss:
- When did you become aware of it and how did you overcome it?
- Why do you think it is so easy for parents to assume that homeschooling will “save” our children?
- How can we encourage our children to have their own faith? And not rely on the faith of their parents?
- As our kids get older and they begin to have their own thoughts, opinions, and faith, how can we encourage them to respect our beliefs while coming up with their own as well
Be sure to listen to the whole episode. This is just a small snippet of our conversation.
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. It will also give you a chance to have your review read online and win a gift from me 🙂 Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast Sponsor Apologia
- Preschoolers and Peace
- Kendra’s books
- Homeschooling in Real Life Podcast
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Facebook
- Subscribe for weekly encouragement emails AND a coupon to my store
- Joy in the Journey store