Today’s episode is all about homeschool burnout. Yep, that’s right. Tis the season for us to start feeling like poo, the days drag on and we start questioning why we are even doing this whole homeschool gig.
The episode comes as a response from one of my podcast listeners.
How do you get over burnout? In school and motherhoood?
And ladies, I have been in a season of burn out. A couple of times. It is not a pretty place to be. Today we are going to chat about how to recognize and prevent homeschool burnout, how to overcome it, and the lessons we can learn from it.
This is just a small snippet of this episode. Hit play to hear the whole episode!
Warning Signs of Homeschool Burnout
- Tiredness, like complete and total exhaustion, unable to keep your eyes open at 2:00 in the afternoon, or 11:00 in the morning.
- Grumpy is your new name. Every little thing sets you off and brings out an angry momma.
- The kids are tired
- No one wants to do school
- The days are running together, each one looking like the day before.
- You are just DONE with homeschooling
- Using screens too much
- Lacking consistency
- Curriculum shopping, because that has to be the problem right?
- Longtime between books or projects
How to Overcome Homeschool Burnout
- Plan a day with friends
- Shake things up or take a break
- Find encouragement
- Learn to say no
- Realize less is more
- Embrace white space
- Recognize the problem is not new homeschool programs
Moms, I hope this episode encouraged you and will help you as we enter the season of burnout for many. I hope it reminded you that this is just a season and that it gave you some practical tips to kick burn out to the curb, and it also gave you tips for avoiding homeschool burnout. So, if you are in a season of burnout or want to help prevent it my Joy in the Journey t-shirts are a tangible reminder to find joy each and every day. The bible says in John 15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
I want to be a joyful momma and I know you do too! These shirts are a reminder to find joy in our homeschool journey each and every day. You can grab yours below.
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. It will also give you a chance to have your review read online and win a gift from me 🙂
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast season sponsor Write Shop
- Podcast season sponsor Notgrass
- Joy in the Journey T-Shirt
- Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie
- The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst
- Desperate by Sarah Mae
- My season of homeschooling out of negligence
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Facebook
- Subscribe for weekly encouragement emails AND a coupon to my store