In today’s homeschool podcast episode, we are chatting mission-minded kids with Sarita Holzmann, founder of Sonlight. Listen in as we chat about homeschooling, missions and how we can raise mission-minded kids.
I chatted with Sarita Holzmann a few months ago about literature and encouraging our kids to have a love for good books. While we chatted we started to get on the topic of missions. This is a HUGE topic in our home as my oldest is feeling led to the mission field. I wanted to have Sarita back on the podcast just to chat about this topic. We are going to be talking about raising global-minded kids with a heart for the world. Particularly, missions and how we can raise mission-minded kids.
Sarita Holzmann is the founder of Sonlight Curriculum, speaker, writer, curriculum developer, missions advocate, beloved wife, veteran homeschool mom, and active grandmother.
Some of the topics Sarita and I discuss include:
- What is your experience with missions and mission work?
- Why do you think teaching a grand worldview is important?
- What are some ways we as parents can raise mission-minded kids?
- What would you say to a parent whose child has told them they feel led into the mission field?
- What are some ways we as parents can prepare our children for this and what courses of study would you recommend?
- How can books help expand a child’s horizons, growing a big world perspective?
- Why is it important for our kids to have an understanding of world history and world cultures? Particularly if they have no desire to leave the US
- What are the Benefits of a literature-based education in raising global-minded children
- What does literature add to the study of the world?
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. It will also give you a chance to have your review read online and win a gift from me Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users. Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast sponsor,Masterpiece Society
- Previous episode with Sarita
- Sonlight’s Instagram
- Sonlight’s Facebook Group
- Gladys Aylward
- Frontiers USA (Sarita serves on the board ane we have friends who serve with them also)
- Mission Minded Child by Ann Dunagan
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Facebook
- Subscribe for weekly encouragement emails AND a coupon to my store
- Joy in the Journey store