Do you just NOT like poetry? That was me. But, today Dachelle McVey and I are discussing how to introduce poetry into your homeschool, and why it is so important.
Way back in episode two, Dachelle McVey and I discussed poetry and I confessed I did not like it. Since then, we have introduced some poetry into our homeschool. So, I wanted to bring her back on to discuss poetry, tea time and more. Really, she is one of my online BFF’s and we laugh. A lot. And she blows my mind with a realization that I actually HAVE been reading poetry all along. I read a poet, and I didn’t even know it.
Dachelle is a former traditional teacher turned homeschool mom. She has a passion for literature and for adding adventure to her homeschool. She has started several book clubs in her community with the idea that each book club should be a celebration of literature. At Literary Adventures for Kids, she takes those experiences and uses them to create online book clubs that add that little bit of magic to your children’s education.
Dachelle and I talk about the following questions and SO much more.
- Why is poetry so important?
- What are some books you recommend for those who are just getting started with poetry in their homeschool?
- How can a busy mom add poetry tea time to their homeschool day?
- What if you really dislike poetry…. What would you say to THAT mom?
- You will be joining me in Atlanta, can you talk a little bit about what people can see in your booth and learn in your sessions?
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Southeast Homeschool Expo
- Podcast Sponsor Gentle Guitar
- Dachelle’s website
- Literary Adventures for Kids
- Follow Dachelle on Instagram
- Dachelle’s first episode on the podcast
- Dachelle’s second episode on the podcast
- Follow Misty on Instagram