Teacher appreciation day. It’s something the public schools get. But, what about the homeschool teachers? Let’s celebrate them too by honoring teacher appreciation day for the homeschool mom.
As spring is upon us, and the school year is wrapping up, there is a week every year where teachers are celebrated. One educator though is often overlooked. The homeschool mom. However, I think we can change that. Last year, one company sponsored Teacher appreciation day for the homeschool mom, and I think we need to do that again. We need to set aside a day to celebrate YOU the homeschool mom. Because you deserve it!
Because every day you wear multiple hats and do multiple tasks. I say the job of a homeschool mom is truly the only one that is 24/7. There is no bus taking our kids off to school each day. It’s us. All day. Every day. We are the cook, the teacher, the mom, the nurse, the chef, the housekeeper, and so much more. We deserve one day of appreciation and now, we get it!
Today I am giving you permission to celebrate all that you do. Talk to your husband. Talk to your kids. Share this blog post with them to help them get the ball rolling.
Here are some ideas to celebrate homeschool teacher appreciation day:
- A massage
- Gift card to your favorite clothing store
- Gift card to Amazon so you can buy books for YOU.
- A day off. And I mean truly off. Have the hubby take the kids and leave you home alone with a good book, or hobby that you have been wanting to work on.
- Dinner out one night
- A day off of dishes
- Have the hubby take over teaching lessons for a day
- Let someone else run the kids to co-op
- A gift card for a cleaning service. Even if it’s just for one day.
- A subscription to a meal planning service. Even if it’s just for a week.
- Another idea that they KNOW you will love.
You see, here is the thing, we spend so much time taking care of everyone else, that we don’t take care of ourselves. This leads to burn out, and a frumpy mom syndrome. One way to combat that is for us to get some appreciation. So, don’t feel guilty about accepting any of the above, OR for putting a buzz in your spouse’s ear.
I share more about teacher appreciation for the homeschool mom in the video below!