Labs, curriculum, high school, transcripts, what are you supposed to do? High school science is a popular topic for homeschool moms and today I am tackling this topic with Greg Landry from College Prep Science
I first heard about Greg Landry from a homeschool network I am in. I started listening to his podcast and had to have him on. The reason being he spoke to me when he shared an episode about homeschooling the NON-science student. I immediately felt this weight lift off my shoulders because I have one kid who LOVES science and one that doesn’t.
Greg LOVES science, but he also reminds us that even though we may need to teach science, we don’t have to teach the SAME science to each of our kids. I can’t wait to share this episode with you guys! But first, who is Greg Landry?
Greg is a husband to his bride of 30+ years, a homeschool dad, and a former college professor. He and his wife homeschooled their two daughters. Both of them have graduated from college, and Greg says, “most importantly, both of them love Jesus. For that we are very grateful.” Greg has spent the past 20+ years teaching science.
He has a heart for students and a passion for science… but more specifically a passion for teaching students to see God’s hand in every aspect of His creation that surrounds us. His goal is to help them see that God’s creation didn’t just happen by chance – it wasn’t an accident, a fluke of nature.
Greg and I chat about the following topics:
- What science credits are required for high school?
- Is there a reason to force upper-level science courses on a high schooler who is not science-minded?
- Let’s talk labs if you have a child who is not planning on a science-related career do they need to DO labs? Or can they watch videos instead or even skip them altogether?
- What do colleges look for when it comes to science courses and admissions into a university?
This episode is sure to help you have a more joyful homeschool!
If you liked this episode be sure to leave a rating or review. These serve as a notice to iTunes that I’m not speaking to myself. Not sure how to leave a review? Here are instructions for iTunes and Stitcher users.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Podcast Sponsor Gentle Guitar
- College Prep Science Live Labs
- Freebies from College Prep Science
- Follow Misty on Instagram on Facebook
- Subscribe for weekly encouragement emails AND a FREEBIE