This site uses affiliate links. This means if you purchase something from a link this site, I may get a small percentage. This costs you nothing and helps maintain the expenses related to this site. For more information see my disclosure page. Thank you!
Have you ever been around someone that just goes on and on about how awful their life is? You know the person I’m talking about right?
You leave them feeling worse than when you saw them.
You leave feeling sorry for them.
You leave them with a weight on your shoulders.
Moms, sometimes we ARE that person.
In any given day how often do your children hear you complain? The clothes on the floor, the missed math lesson, the weight of homeschooling.
What about your spouse? When he comes in does he get the brunt of our day? Or does he hear about our joys?
I truly believe that sometimes our children and definitely our spouse leave us feeling worse about their day, their trials, and life in general.
So, today’s choose joy challenge is to talk about our JOYS. NOT our PROBLEMS.
What does that look like?
- Instead of complaining about the school lesson for the day, tell your children how thankful you are that you are able to homeschool them.
- Start the day with a list of all the reasons you LOVE homeschooling (let your kids throw some reasons in there too).
- When you talk to your spouse, tell him something GOOD that happened during the day. Better yet, shoot him a text thanking him for being awesome!
- Chatting with your homeschool BFF? Talk about the fun you had during school. Share something positive. This will make a difference in YOUR day, and HERS. Bonus? Chances are your kids will hear the positive also.
- The mess the kids didn’t clean up? Bite your tounge. Instead, tell them how amazing their art project looks.
- Try all day to COMPLIMENT instead of complain.
This is not an easy task guys. Sometimes we feel like we have to let it out. But, for today. Don’t. Focus on your joys in your life and I guarantee you that at the end of the day there will be a weight lifted off of your shoulders.
This is just one post in a 31 day series on choosing joy! Want to see all the posts in this series? Head over here to find the landing page and more information on the #choosejoychallenge . Subscribe below to get the rest of the series ( a new post each day in October) delivered straight to your inbox!