This post may contain affiliate links or information on products that I recieved in exchange for a review. All opinions on this blog are my own. For more information see my disclosure policy.
Woohoo! It’s summer break!! At last, it is here 🙂
End of the Year Failure?
We finished up June 24th but as I shared on my Facebook page, I forgot to tell the kids! They woke up on the 27th and wondered why we weren’t doing school (OOPS!). I admit I was a bit of a slacker this year, we normally make a fuss, I even give them certificates, but this year there was no fanfare. And you know what, that’s okay! I’ve come to the realization that sometimes we homeschool moms are on the ball. We have it together and we rock! Yet, other times…. we are just trudging along and doing the best we can. That has been me this month, and you know what? Life went on. Even without the end of the school year fanfare 🙂
A Peek into our Homeschool
The month of June we worked a lot on 4H projects and math. Alyson submitted her creative writing entry. The story came from her heart, and maybe I’ll share more of it with you next month, but for now I’ll just say it made me tear up. She did such a great job and win or lose she’s a winner in my book! Alyson has also been taking a cake decorating class (another 4H project). She’s becoming quite the baker!
We finished Kristen’s Vet Science poster and project. This was such a fun project to do and I am really hoping she places well in the competition next month. One thing we did was a germ kit. This allowed us to see the “germs” on our hands that are not visible to the naked eye.
We also finished up an amazing historical fiction audio series. The kids loved it and they are offering a great deal NOW for homeschoolers. Feel free to check it out!
A Peek into our Home
The boy broke his arm (trampoline accident, the trampoline is no longer here!), resulting in a cast for the summer. Yea, not fun! But having Batman sign it ALMOST made it worth it.
We have had many pool days and are VERY thankful for waterproof casts!
This month we also had our vacation bible school. The kids learned all about the tabernacle.
Oh, and…. we got a new puppy 🙂
Year Round Homeschooling?
I have had a few people message me asking what I think about year-round homeschooling. I wrote some about that in this post. I also shared though that my thoughts may change come June. And… they have. We are honestly SO busy in June and July that I really thought we’d ditch year round homeschooling next year. BUT.. we have decided to stick with it. I’ll share more about why in August and will also share our tentative plan for the new school year.
A Blog Announcement
So… this will *probably* be my LAST post until August. There are a few reasons why and I want to share them with you today 🙂
- I need a break! I have been writing in this space for over 2 years and have only taken a break during the holidays. And even then, I still posted once a week. So, it is time!
- July is CRAZY! I will be spending a whole week at church camp with my youngest daughter. I work in the kitchen while she’s at camp to make sure her food allergies are handled well. My oldest daughter will spend a week at camp in July as well and I normally work a day or two her week. We have my sons birthday, 4H judging, and life in general going on.
- Readership is down in July. After 2 years I know that honestly YOU GUYS don’t want to read blog posts in July! You want to spend time with family, lounge by the pool and NOT THINK ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING. And yea, I get that 😉
- On top of the above I also have things I need to work on in this space, things like updating pictures, finish up a Pinterest course, I want to work ahead on some posts for the fall, and I’d LOVE to get a new email freebie out to all of my subscribers. Taking time off *may* allow me to do a few of these things. We will see.
- If you still want to keep up with what were doing, I suggest following on Instagram, I will also be keeping my Facebook page updated, and I plan on sending out a few weekly email newsletters as well.
So, that is a peek into our home and school this month! Have a great summer guys 🙂