This site uses affiliate links. This means if you purchase something from a link this site, I may get a small percentage. This costs you nothing and helps maintain the expenses related to this site. For more information see my disclosure page. Thank you!
One of the most popular posts on this blog is Why Homeschool Moms Need Homeschool Friends. The post speaks about friendship, and how each one of us needs someone special in our lives to encourage us, weep with us, and challenge us to be our best!
Yet, too often we moms just go on with our lives, not really taking the time to enjoy the here and now. Both with our kids, and with the women we come in contact with each day.
Today’s choose joy challenge is to take the time to make a new friend or reconnect with an old one! This challenge is for you, and for your kids. How can you do this? It’s simple!
- Is there a mom in your homeschool group that you would like to get to know better? Invite her over to chat about curriculum. While you are chatting, let the kids play and “socialize”.
- Schedule a play date with friends you don’t see very often, or who maybe you have lost touch with.
- Ask your kids if there is a friend that they miss seeing. Invite that friend over (and their mom) and spend the day together.
- Is there a new mom at your church? Invite her over after service one day. Show her the love of Christ and help welcome her into your church family.
- Find another way to reach out with your children and make time to enjoy friendship this week.
Moms, by reaching out and making friends, we are showing our children the value of friendship! We are showing them how to make friends, how to keep friends, and how to be a friend!
Friendship can bring so much joy into our lives. Why not take the time today to enjoy the blessings it has to offer?
This is just one post in a 31 day series on choosing joy! Want to see all the posts in this series? Head over here to find the landing page and more information on the #choosejoychallenge . Subscribe below to get the rest of the series ( a new post each day in October) delivered straight to your inbox!